Along with weddings, baby showers are one of the rare occasions in life where people from different parts of your life come together. You may have friends from work, old school friends, neighbours and family in one place at the same time. Sometimes it can be difficult to encourage these different groups to interact with each other. A great way to do this is with baby shower games.
Baby Shower Guessing Games
While there are dozens of baby shower games to choose from, consistently among the most popular are guessing games. These include:
- Guess the bump size – ask guests to cut a piece of string to the length that they think will wrap perfectly around mum-to-be’s baby bump. Whoever is closest wins a prize.
- Jelly bean baby bottle – fill a baby bottle with jelly beans and ask guests to guess how many jelly beans there are. Whoever is closest wins a prize.
- Guess the baby food flavour – another baby shower favourite. Label a dozen or so baby food jars 1 to 12 and remove all other labels. Ask guests to write down what flavour they think each jar is on a piece of paper and then add up the scores. Whoever has the most right answers wins a prize.
Baby Shower Action Games
If your friends and family aren’t keen on guessing games, there are several excellent baby shower action games that are guaranteed to keep you entertained. These include:
- Nappy on the doll race – time how long it takes each guest to put a nappy on a baby doll. Whoever is fastest wins a prize.
- Baby toss and shout – ask guests to stand in a circle and ask one of them to throw a baby doll to whomever she likes. The person who catches the doll must shout out something baby related, like “bottles!” or “breast pump!” before throwing the baby doll on to someone else. If someone takes too long or shouts out something non-baby related, they are out. Whoever is left at the end wins a prize.
- The bottle race – provide all your guests with a baby bottle full of milk and shout “go!”. Whoever can finish their drink the fastest, using only the teat, wins a prize.
Thinking Baby Shower Games
Get your guests’ brains into action with baby shower thinking games.
- Celebrity baby names – divide a sheet of paper in to two columns, one column listing celebrity mums, the other listing their children’s names. Make sure the children’s names aren’t next to their parents then ask your guests to match the kids to their famous mothers. Give each guest a copy and whoever matches the most correctly wins.
- Baby products price is right – ask guests to write down how much they think a particular baby product costs. Whoever is closest to the correct price wins. This time, the mum-to-be wins a prize – the baby products.
- The memory game – put about 15 to 20 small baby related items on a tray – bottles, soothers, safety pins, nappies, baby oil, baby brushes, etc. Take the try out of the room and ask guests to write down as many of the items as possible. Whoever remembers the most wins - but mum-to-be gets to keep all the items!